Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Stove Top Chicken and Dumplings

I love Chicken and Dumplings so I am trying out different ways to make it, this was one that I tried last week. The recipe made a huge batch, like maybe 8-10 servings huge. My kids hated this because I added carrots, so after I picked them out they were digging it. I kind of winged it and made this one up myself, if it sucks when you try it , I am sorry.


1 package of frozen ready made dumplings
3 boxes of chicken stock
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken pieces
1 bag of baby carrots 


Take one and a half boxes of chicken stock and boil chicken 15 minutes or until cooked through. 

Once cooked set the chicken on a plate to rest a few minutes then shred. I used my stand mixer with the regular paddle (? maybe? is there a "normal" attachment?)
A  friend told me of this trick. It is a HUGE time saver. I feel like I owe her a massage by a hunk of her choosing for this tip. 

In a separate pot boil carrots in remaining stock. Add salt, pepper and oregano to taste.

Once stock is boiling add the package of noodles one at a time. I broke them in half and constantly stirred so they would not clump and stick together. 

Reboil for 30-35 minutes 

Add Chicken and cook for another 5-10 minutes. 

Enjoy.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory! Vote For Use @ Top Mommy Blogs